Lord Hanuman : US President Barack Obama




Hanuman Figurine is President Obama’s Lucky Charm


http://www.indiadivine.org
A statuette of Lord Hanuman is among few items that US President Barack Obama always carries in his pocket and seeks inspiration from whenever he feels tired or discouraged.


President Obama disclosed this on a YouTube interview which the White House scheduled as a way to reach younger audiences as it promotes Obama’s final State of the Union address on Tuesday.

Asked to show off an item of personal significance during the interview with YouTube creator Nilsen yesterday, 54-year-old Obama pulled from his pockets a series of small totems, each of which he said reminded him “of all the different people I’ve met along the way.”

It included rosary beads given to him from Pope Francis, who he met at the White House this fall; a tiny Buddha statue procured upon him by a monk; a silver poker chip that was once the lucky charm of a bald, mustachioed biker in Iowa; a figurine of the Hindu monkey God Hanuman; and a Coptic cross from Ethiopia, where he visited in July, CNN reported.

“I carry these around all the time. I’m not that superstitious, so it’s not like I think I necessarily have to have them on me at all times,” Obama said.

But he said they do provide some reminders of the long path of his presidency.
“If I feel tired, or I feel discouraged sometimes, I can kind of reach into my pocket and say yeah, that’s something
I can overcome, because somebody gave me the privilege to work on these issues that are going to effect them,” he said.

Obama, whose father was a Kenyan and mother a white woman from Kansas, spent initial days of his life in Indonesia where Hinduism is a popular religion.

टिप्पणियाँ

इन्हे भी पढे़....

विश्व व्यापी है हिन्दुओँ का वैदिक कालीन होली पर्व Holi festival of Vedic period is world wide

हमारा देश “भारतवर्ष” : जम्बू दीपे भरत खण्डे

सेंगर राजपूतों का इतिहास एवं विकास

कांग्रेस ने देश को भ्रष्टाचार, तुष्टीकरण और आतंकवाद दियाः भजन लाल शर्मा bjp rajasthan

भाजपा की सुपरफ़ास्ट भजनलाल शर्मा सरकार नें ऐतिहासिक उपलब्धियां का इतिहास रचा

तेरा वैभव अमर रहे माँ, हम दिन चार रहें न रहे।

कांग्रेस की हिन्दू विरोधी मानसिकता का प्रमाण

हमें वीर केशव मिले आप जबसे : संघ गीत

सिसोदिया से जब इस्तीफा लिया तो अब स्वयं केजरीवाल इस्तीफा क्यों नहीं दे रहे - अरविन्द सिसोदिया

रामसेतु (Ram - setu) 17.5 लाख वर्ष पूर्व